Thursday, May 13, 2010

Le marche du livre ancien

That's where I'll be in 5 weeks time. In addition to inspecting B&B Apartments of course!! Ah what a life – Parisian antique flea markets to devour and Parisian apartment décor to admire, I couldn’t imagine a more perfect world! I wish it were an everyday thing.

Anyway as I turn my blog attention to my love of antiques, bric-a-brac, odd collectables and flea markets once more, I just want to exclaim; I love new old things. And Paris is a treasure trove for new old anything! Including at the Georges Brassens Parc Antique Book market.

Last time I wrote about my favourite flea market Porte de Vanves, but this is a flea market that I’ve always wanted to hit but never made it to. Which baffles me because books are my life. And …it’s literally located around the corner from Vanves!! Ahem, oops!!

The antique book market in park Georges Brassens, aka Marche du livre ancient et d’occasion Marche Georges Brassens, is open Saturday and Sundays. I have noted in preparation for my visit that there is a little tram that runs between the markets, sort of a cross between a bus and a cable car. I swear, no matter how many times I visit this city it feels brand new.

This market is said to have amazing collections and bargains offered by dealers who have a passion for books and old papers. I love new old books. I love the smell of them. I cannot wait to visit and continue building mon petite librarie ancien.

I love Anne and Jean Pol’s B&B Apartment in the 6th Arrondissement near le Jardin Luxemburg. An antique artists studio brimming with new old books; wall to wall, floor to ceiling! Heaven!

Spend a moment sitting back with a book admiring le jardin from the window of your lounge room. You have a private suite over 2 levels.

Ok well back in my brocante magazines, searching for more wonderful antique markets and festivals to visit while I’m in Paris.

Ps. HUGE news: found a blog for the Porte de Vanves flea market in paris. How on earth did I not know about this??? Its my new best friend. We have a few language barriers (its all in French) but I will manage plus I can read beautiful pictures just fine thank ya. http://pucesdevanves.typepad.com/

www.petiteparis.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment