Sunday, August 8, 2010

Paris Perfect

Don't you just love lazy Sunday mornings?? The only thing that could make them more perfect is if you were in Paris bien sur!! Today I thought I'd share some of my random Paris pics as I spend my day reminiscing and planning the next visit. december 2010 here I came :)


a day on the green picnic-ing in front of the eiffel - bliss!


I wanted it so badly but I had to refrain myself :(


I will never tire of these romantic streets

I called him mr meowington from montmartre. the cutest putty-tat ever.

sacre Coeur you steal my heart

if your ever in Paris for 10 minutes go to the Abesses metro in the Butte Montmartre...the wall murals are absolutely incredible and give you the complete Parisian experience in one flight of spiral stairwell.. see the sacre coeur....

the artists at the place du tertre...

the eiffel tower...


you even get a map of Paris...

visit a boulangerie

take a seat and enjoy the glow of the lamps and take in the glorious parisian atmosphere
i love antique homewares store, in paris i cam across a plethora of them. i was on over-excited adrenalin at every turn :)

paris to me is newspapers stands on every corner. i loved stopping at ever single one even if they all had the same things...

paris to me is picture perfect - i can't buy enough postcards
I stayed our our wonderful B&B104 - Florence's apartment in the 7th arrondissement (literally next door to the eiffel tower with uninterrupted views) and i simply adored the simple understated typically french kitchen.
and ALL the books taking up every wall space. I won't give away much more but I promise to dedicate a post of this wonderful B&B soon.
ever in paris go to the buddha restaurant for the best Thai in Paris. Get the prawn with coconut and GET A SEAT INSIDE to view the magnificent huge buddha 
and for dessert the rice pudding AND selection of 3 sorbets, green tea, coconut and mango oh my
Cafe Maggots at the St Germain Des Pres. thats not my fat thumb thats Deni :)
we spent hours sitting and observing the french my favourite thing to do..
i love the older french girls the best...she's still got it. They never let style fade even with age...
stylish yummy mummy
and what about the lil girl - she's more chic that me *hanging my head in shame lol
one of many hours lost in little consignment stores a clutter with designer pieces, love love them
this one is on rue des quatre-vents (near Odeon metro)
so many patisseries boulangeries turns fashion store...hard to imagine a bad patisserie in paris..
i adore all the secret gardens enclosed in quiet spots of calm and solace
i cant see a ferris wheel without going for a ride :) this one was at the Tuleries Gardens
tuleries and eiffel
Deni and I
the glamour view from the ferris
view of the montmartre hill
the festival with the arc de triomphe in the distance and la defence
my favourite thing to do early on a Sat or Sun morning in Paris - the Port de Vanves flea markets. Antiquities of all kinds everywhere, this time around I was absorbed by the old postcards, photos and stationary and came away with quite a few :) 
books and magazines
other things, its a good thing the markets close at 12pm and i am forced to leave otherwise id stay all day and night rummaging

an old charming dresser beckoning to be bought, repolished (or left shabby) and loved.

mixing with the locals at Odeon's trendy nightspot enjoying a Kir pre-dinner.
paris isnt paris without a stroll along the seine with the booksellers
plages de paris - in summer the seine comes alive with sunchairs, brollys for all to enjoy sitting in the sun - ok so not so sunny on this particular day but you can imagine...
the evening view of the eiffel and our apartment building
  timeless romantic street lamps
paris the city of lights
see you in December :)

No comments:

Post a Comment