Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I'm leaving for Paris in 2 weeks


It's actually less than 2 weeks until I jet off to Paris but writing 'leaving for Paris in one week and 4 days' just didnt sound right, or cute. Or maybe it did!? Ha Well. One week and 4 days is certainly much more exciting!:)

As the year 2012 comes to an end, and I reflect back on the past 2 years I am thankful at how far Petite Paris has come and thankful to our guests, friends, fans and followers for constantly mirroring back the love, passion and dreams of Paris. We've gone from 30 B&B apartments, to 50, 60, 80 now 94...we've also begun DIY walking tours of Paris starting with the very beautiful neighbourhood of St-Germain-des-Pres and the Latin Quarter, which is featured in our website and in our Paris Guide Book. Oh yeah we Launched our first Paris Guide Book this year too! The Petite Paris City Guide eBook for iPads was a huge job and I loved every second of compiling it! You can purchase it here for $7.99. A PDF version is available for those who dont have an iPad!

But whats more exciting for me is what's to come! Looking forward I'm super excited about 2013 and all the new services and improvements that will be made to the website and service for you all! First of all, yes leaving for Paris, in one week and 4 days, is always cause for celebration and champagne countdowns every evening until take off. But this time rather than the whirlwind 1 or 2 week trip in and out so fast I can barely finish a croissant, I have decided to live in Paris for 3 delicious chocolate pastry vin cheese filled months! ... with the possibility of extending!! 

The focus of my trip will be firstly to live la vie francaise when I have time because the rest of the time will be spent inspecting ALL 94 apartments in one big hit PHEW exhausted already! ... including the new ones that my amazing Paris B&B partner has secured while I have been away, I'll be working more with the hosts and homeowners to refine and improve the service in any which way we can, adding links to each B&B to all local amenities (closest bank, atm, pharmacy, medical, post office etc) and of course to source more beautiful homes with my partner together. Already a huge job ahead but it's true what they say it's certainly not work when you love what you do!

I'll be pounding the pavement, discovering and creating the rest of our DIY walking tours for each neighbourhood.

I'll be working on the next updated edition of the Petite Paris City Guide eBook which will be launched at the end of March/early April. I'll be on the hunt for the best-of-the-best of everything once more. Indulgences in patisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie, restaurant and cafe tastings and testing. Visits to more and new interesting museums, attractions and secret places! Discovering new quiet corners and hidden gems of any kind. Shopping, spas and salons to be found, enjoying the theatre and concerts and of course spending much needed down time cocktail sipping at le bars et le clubs. It will be am AMAZING new edition! Being in the City exploring and recording as I go, taking a gazillion photos - what a dream!

What else, more promotions and competitions will be lined up with Paris based businesses and we're going to start offering rail passes on our website so you can purchase your pass/es before you;ve even left home. This includes Disnelyland and Versailles Passes too.

Well thats all pour maintent (for now). Must get back to my French lesson aarrg! One day I'll be fluent!

For now bidding you a Joyeux Noel et Bonne Anee everyone!! Merci Merci Merci for your loyal support, Im so grateful! - and dont forget contact moi anytime if you want to enquire about a Paris apartment for your trip in 2013. Did I mention we have 94? hehe my email: info@petitepr.com.au

Ok just one more sleep and its one week and 3 days! :) Can't wait! Au revoir mes amis

www.petiteparis.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment